Ditte Brouwers (1953) / In het Nederlands
- Academie voor Beeldende Vorming
- 1st gedree Drawing and Art History
- Art teacher
- Established a school for painting and drawing. 1997
- Several commissions for the city of Amsterdam
- Commission for the Royal Academy of Science Amsterdam
- 15 wind vanes for the IJplein Amsterdam
- VSB fund foundation for theater Carre
- Design and decor for opera Carmen, back curtain 14 x 10 meters
- Theater Utrecht
- View on Haarlem, painting
- Painting and drawings purchases by the City of Amsterdam/Cityarchive
- National Traffic Department Architect, Hoofddorp
- Vase in private collection Whitney Museum, New York
- Paintings and grafical designs in artotheek Nederland
Landscapes 2000 – 2004.
ISBN 90 – 9017913-5 / € 15. Ned/E.
Landscape and memory.
Painting is to enlarge the moment of being.
That moment is determined for me, not just by what I see but also by the sounds, the scents, everything.
All that is what I want to experience again in my paintings in all its intensity.
The skin of the earth is built up in oilpaint, layer by layer.
Peeled of and destroyed again.
Thats how the landscape gets a ”soul”, as close as possible to the memory.
Travelling and also the landscape aroud Amsterdam is an inspiration.
Durgerdam, Marken and Waterland.
I feel very much at home with the Dutch writer Nescio:
“The whole world aroud us glittered in the light, the earth offered up light
and as far our eyes could see the world was ours, and further.”
Or Dylan Thomas:
All the sun long it was running, it was lovely the hay
Fields high as the house, the tunes from the chimneys, it was air
And playing, lovely and waterly.
And fire green as grass.
Book edition – Innergroud 2010: Ned/E.
Innerground; Serie of the Dutch dunes.
The Dutch dunes retain the memory of oppression. The landscape become
unconfortable because it is penetrated by the past.
The wind-twisted thickets and the white trees tell the story of war.
The traces of what took place all these years ago have been covered up.
It is a covered landscape, but it still has it silent witness.
- 2017 - Museum Waterland, Purmerend
- 2017 – CBK Amsterdam Zuidoost, 30 years anniversary